Re: some func-transmit test cases

Marco Mornati wrote:
Hi Adrian,

I don't know which problem have you found. What I see during func-transmit tests is that we cannot call func using list for client and parameters.

Parameters should take a list.

Client takes a glob, which is a string like this. "foo*.example.com;bar*.example.org". Yes, I think it should be possible to pass in an explicit list of hostnames in addition to a string, though I thought the function parameters worked fine. Maybe the two are getting confused?

Michael said (on IRC I think) that we must change client.py, and don't know which other class, to get func working with this type of "parameters"... at the moment I've made a patch inside func-java api, so java can call without problem func-transmit and all work correctly.

I've planned to change (I hope today, but I need to make some mods in opensymbolic too) func-transmit to make it working with json too (java does not work correctly with yaml... or yaml versions are not the same, between java and python), and probably XML.
Great!

I'll take care that current implementation will work with "json modifies"... so your tests will work without problem (ex. default language, if you don't send to func-transmit your language choose, will be yaml).

I think this will be good as we should have less issues with types and formats. The main problem with YAML is sometimes a language has YAML 2.0 instead and YAML 1.0 is incompatible. There is only one JSON.

Bye
Marco

Adrian Likins wrote:

I ran into some problems trying to use func-transmit, so there are some test cases and minor here:

http://github.com/alikins/func-alikins-devel/commits/home-devel

Not sure if those would break the work Marco is doing at the moment, so posted here for
review.

Adrian