Re: Func-Transmit & Async Call

Marco Mornati wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm making some improvements to Func-Java bindings and I'm having some "async problems". If I call in async mode func-transmit, I received, as expected, the process ID of launched process... but, by now, I'm not able to call func-transmit, to get the process result (func '*' --job-status PID).

On IRC today we talked about there being a YAML 1.0/2.0 mismatch, so we were talking about adding JSON support to Func-transmit. I think this is the same problem?

Do you think could be useful to call func-transmit also for get the result of a previous call? The only reason why I prefer to have something in func-transmit is to get result in a "standard way" inside the bindings api (in this case YAML)... if I call func I receive a simple String as result.

No, calling func-transmit gets you the result of the current call only.

The JSON module should help resolve the type issues as there is only one standard of JSON (so far).

Bye
Marco