Re: Func-Bindings

Well,

just two little things (sorry if I haven't write these things before)...

Grails plugin is not a "really binding" for a languages. In fact Grail is a Grovvy Web Framework used to build web applications. I put that sources directly inside bindings project because I didn't know where I could put it (and I didn't want to create a new git project :P). Anyway, Grails plugin make able (in a very very simple way) a programmer to use Func-Java bindings inside a grails web application. In any point of your web application you can simply call func with an instruction like this:

   funcService.call("*", "hardware", "info")

You don't need to know what funcService does and how it calls func... I think is a very great service :P

So... I want to say... that inside grails plugin you need the func-java.jar in the lib folder.

But Michael post gives me an "idea"... I could write a script (inside func-bindings folder) that make you able to build all bindings... and maybe others script in each binding folder to build just that one. So you need just the tool to build installed.. but then you are able to create libraries without problems... something like:

   binding buildall

So... in this way... you don't really need the jar file in lib directory of grails-plugin (the full version... compiled and installable in grails... will be on the grails website... so you can add to your web application simply writing "grails install-plugin func", that download the plugin from repository and install it :)).

I'll write a bit of documentation on all these things... and the I'll send to you!

Bye
Marco

Michael DeHaan wrote:
I have merged these (so that you can now commit patches for them against the main repo), with the exception of the *.jar and *.zip files. These should be built and not checked into source control. Even if something doesn't use Make to get built, it would be nice if you could create a top level Makefile ( in "bindings" ) that has things like "make grails" and "make java" so that people can figure out how to build them easily.

Other than that, great... I haven't tested these, but I will certaintly be able to test any Ruby/Perl plugins that folks may want to contribute.

Thanks!

--Michael

--
Dott. Ing. Mornati Marco