Re: Patches to support find-resources across minions

Matt Hicks wrote:
Sorry - you might eventually see these patches twice - on my initial submission, I wasn't yet subscribed to the list, so the patches are sitting in moderation... So this time around, I decided to consolidate them as one set. Essentially, this purpose of these patches is to allow func to not only run a koan command on a series of minions (through virt install) but also to have some facility to have the overlord determine what the best host on which to run the command is (based on memory and disk space requirements). All the patches are based on the v0.18 tag from git.

Patch 0001 (changes to virt.py)
In several koan cases, we need to use the virt-name and virt-path options to allow for more fine grain control of how the provisioning is carried out. This patch should add those options, defaulting them to 'None' so that they aren't required in the method call. I also removed the --virt-graphics option since this appears to be on by default and isn't available in the current koan versions.

Patch 0002 (changes to virt.py)
This adds a freemem function to determine the actual memory resources available on a given xen / kvm host. More details in the commit message.

Patch 0003 (find-resources.py)
This adds the overlord script to be able to find the best fit for free resources across it's minions.

-Matt

I've applied 1 and 2 as is and they are now in git.

The find-resources script is a bit application-specific to be installed in /usr/bin for all installs, so I've moved this to contrib, where it will still be a part of the repo and there for reference.
--Michael