Re: GSOC starts first Term todo list makkalot

makkalot@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi list as you know the gsoc is starting i prepared my Todo list for the first term of the program.I tried to list the core stuff, the shiny stuff will be delayed for the second term :) If anyone has some suggestions (for example dont work on that one we should focus on that) they are welcome,really need them :).

	I think to start with Funcweb stuff:
	#Funcweb :
	-Basic input fields for funcweb to work with the basic stuff(ajaxian things):
-Text input fields for method args : According to modules' method's arguments i think to generate form for every method dinamically.Therefore we wont have to change the funcweb code if someone adds or edits the minion modules later.

Having an API to describe the fields would be great. It might also enable (just randomly thinking), a text based UI (TUI) for Func that could prompt what the various arguments are to commands down the road. Anyhow, this kind of capability sounds good to me and keeping this "metadata" with the module code sounds good.
-Executable links for methods with no args : The same as above but for methods with no args

++
		-All stuff will be ajaxian no reloads (dont expect very shiny interface :) )

	-RSS feed for inventory in the funcweb (talked about it with mpdehaan on IRC)

gitweb already provides RSS, though if we can find a way to make all that work without having to set up gitweb, though making setup easier could be useful. I'd be ok with moving this one down in the priority list though if other things are
more exciting.
	-Packaging funcweb

++
	-Any ideas ?
	#end of Funcweb

	#minion modules and other stuff
	-Preparing a configuration tool,implementing augeas[1] as a minion module,
(idea on IRC)
I think that could just be a module at first, as opposed to doing the full configuration management tool in Func.

So you could perhaps do something like:

func foo.example.com configure /some/configfile parameter/query/path/foo/bar 1
-having an XMLRPC API to an overlord daemon(discussed on ML) (if mpdehaan gives more information about that one i'm really interested in)

++
-delegation of the overlord (the possibility to NAT func). That is last in my list because it seems the most difficult :). After i got the stuff above done i think i will be able to dive in that part also.

Also also good (and for more reasons than NAT). Planning for that should probably be another thread.
	Any suggestions , thanks in advance :)

[1]http://augeas.net/