Re: GSoC 2008

Krzysztof A. Adamski wrote:
Hi,
I'm Computer Science student from Poland. I intend to participate in
Google Summer of Code this year and I would like to help Func.
Since I'm interested in networking, clusters, automation and security
topics (all listed in proposal), this project seams to be ideal for me.

I would like to know if you have any special preferences about students
and their applications. I really care about having chance to work on
this project so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Glad to see the interest! This can be fairly open ended, there aren't many requirements...

Take a look at Func and think of some interesting aspects you might like to work on. Whether this means enhancing and expanding the list of modules that are there, writing new useful applications on top of Func, adding new security/network/scripting features, etc.

When I found Func on the ideas list for GSOC, that was the end of my
searching. I really think this is something I would like to work on
this summer. Please help make that happen :)

Apparently we'll get the list of applications back to us later and then the individual project mentors for Fedora vote on them.

I would love to have a whole army of people working on Func :)

If you have any other questions, let us know!

Thanks again!

--Michael

Regards.