Re: Some semi-architectural things to think about

Adrian Likins wrote:
By DB, I mean of course something like bsddb or even a config file, not an actual DB :)
Hrm. Is the config enough? How small are these groups? If we go with
a DB, anything that SQLAlchemy can use would be fine with me. That way
when func gets big and needs a REAL DB it would be easier to switch
and not have to gut a lot of code.

	Ugh. What do we forsee func needing a REAL DB for? I'd like to
avoid that at pretty much any cost.

World domination which requires the bullet point of a REAL DB :)
Someone will inevitably will ask "will it work with Oracle? or Postgres?..." "I have 10,000 groups will it scale".

Just saying that if we go the DB route, choose SQLAlchemy to
minimize the work in the future.

And my question wrt to config is that I've never thought of
using a config for storing things *from* an application aside
from configuration properties needed to run the system.  As far
as application data such as "system groups", I'd naturally reach
for a DB.  Not saying I'm right, just trying to understand how
it will work.

--
jesus m. rodriguez     | jesusr@xxxxxxxxxx
sr. software engineer  | irc: zeus