Re: Some semi-architectural things to think about

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Adrian Likins wrote:

Hrm. Is the config enough? How small are these groups? If we go with
a DB, anything that SQLAlchemy can use would be fine with me. That way
when func gets big and needs a REAL DB it would be easier to switch
and not have to gut a lot of code.

	Ugh. What do we forsee func needing a REAL DB for? I'd like to
avoid that at pretty much any cost.

I foresee applications built *on top of* Func that may require this. But if you need a real DB *inside of* Func, you've made a mistake, in my estimation.

func should be like rpm should have been. Central to many great applications, but as simple as it can be. :)

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager