Re: Func and kerberos

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Karl MacMillan wrote:

Should be pretty trivial to just use a different cert.  In theory, a cert
is a cert is a cert; if the server can say "hello, do you trust me?" and
the client can say "yes, I'm listening," func doesn't care what that
mechanism is.

You might want to do kerberos instead of certs, though. Kerberos will
get you per-user auth easily while the cert model is going to be hard to
scale to per-user.

Instead of, rather than in addition to? Is there a particular reason not to enable both? Mandating krb will exclude some folks.

Ok - as long as you guys know that you will have to think about security
at some point :) I do think moving to separate helper processes early
will help you add better security in the future though.

I think they're actively talking about this on #func right now.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager