[fedora-websites] #377: Users with disabled javascript should get a link to verification hash near the download link on getfedora.org

#377: Users with disabled javascript should get a link to verification hash near
the download link on getfedora.org
-----------------------+-------------------------------
  Reporter:  jenslody  |      Owner:  webmaster
      Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
 Component:  General   |   Keywords:  verification hash
Blocked By:            |   Blocking:
-----------------------+-------------------------------
 If users have disabled javascript they can directly download the
 installation images, without getting a link to the verification-site.
 See the discussion here:
 https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/DAVQV72GEODAGDPIA6O3CM6RBQK7VDQ4/

 Besides the discussion what happens, if the server get hacked and how to
 secure the hashes, it should not be less insecure, if the users have
 turned off javascript (mostly for security reasons), sd with javascript
 turned on.

 A probable (and cheap) change would be to add a link on the download-
 pages.

 I add a patch that needs to be verified, I'm not sure about the styles and
 what happens, if javascript is enabled.
 I don't know a way to test it without setting up a complete webserver.
 I only tested injection into the html-code for the workstation-image
 inside firefox and it seems to work.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/ticket/377>
fedora-websites <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites>