Re: ask permission to use one picture on fedora webpage

On 10/07/2014 05:11 AM, Camille Vong wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> my name is Camille and i am a PhD student. As I am looking for a cover
> for my phD thesis, i found the picture (File:Artwork F10Themes Binary
> galaxy.svg
> <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Artwork_F10Themes_Binary_galaxy.svg>
> Source SVG]) from your website
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/Binary) and I would
> like to know if i could use it for my thesis cover (just a tone darker).
> The thesis title is "Model-Based Optimization of Clinical Trial Designs"
> and the publisher of grand maximum of 150 copies of my thesis (no-commercial
>
> purpose) is the publisher of the university of Uppsala in Sweden, called
> "Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis". Please let me know if your need
> additional information, I would be very glad to provide to you.
>
> And please do inform me what the procedure should be to be able to use
> this picture as my thesis cover (what to put for the source, like
> trademarks etc.).

You may use this artwork under the terms of the Creative Commons
Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license:

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Please include this citation whenever this artwork is used (the citation
itself does not have to be on the cover, just included somewhere legible
within the published thesis):

  The cover artwork ("Binary Galaxy") is Copyright Red Hat, Inc, and
  is used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Share
  Alike 3.0 Unported License:
  https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
  The original work can be found here:
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Artwork_F10Themes_Binary_galaxy.svg

Thanks for your email Camille, and best of luck to you with your phD
thesis. :)

~tom

==
Fedora Legal