Introductions from nullsys

Hello all,

As per the Join page request for the Web Design Project, I wish to provide some basic introductory information about myself in hopes that you gain enough knowledge about myself to consider me as an application for the Webdesign group.

Over the past few days some of you may of seen me on IRC as ‘nullsys’. I wish to thank you all for your help, support and warm welcomes.

I’ll try to keep this brief for you all.

I am 26 years old, studying and working in the UK.

I have been involved in web design, administration duties and general ICT for roughly 10 years now and I have been studying at university for the past 3-4 years, hopefully aiming for my masters in ICT fields.

Previous jobs have included:

Web design and development for several companies and private individuals.

Security consultation and administration for Linux and Windows networks.

Web analyst for a major IT company. This involved analysing search query results and matching them against recommended websites.

And of course all the usual technology related jobs in between.

Web Design/IT Interests and experiences include:

HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, PHP, MySQL, ASP.NET (briefly), C++, C# (briefly) _javascript_, JQuery, Adobe Products (Photoshop etc), 3ds Max and a brief stint in SQS/SQF.

On a side note I’m also interested in many styles of books, music, NLP, gaming and I have also had the opportunity to play in several bands as a guitarist.

If anyone wishes to know any more info, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your time,

Carl Walker

Nullsys.

Wiki: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Nullsys

PS: I have also applied as ambassador for the project and have had one successful mentor application from ‘biertie’.