My Fedora mockups

Hey folks,

I mentioned this briefly in the websites meeting earlier this week but I wanted to let you know about a project that myself, J5, lmacken, and Eve have been working on recently called My Fedora:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MyFedora

From the wiki page:

"my.fedoraproject.org is a project to integrate all of the Fedora infrastructure in one place. The goal is to create a modular web page in which each module would pull views from the various Fedora resources and display them to the user. It is a first step in implementing the goals laid out in this paper [1]. At first the web site would be geared towards Fedora development but could also handle upstream development resources and user community start pages. "

So far, on the design front, Eve and I put together a set of mockups and a rough sitemap to show the flow of the pages:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MyFedora/Mockups

I've also made some good progress towards some CSS to support the mockups, see:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/webdesign/My%20Fedora/html/

As I mentioned in the last websites meeting, the css is structured like so:

main fedora css (from www.fpo) => application chrome css => my fedora css

I was thinking moving forward when we fedora-ify an application in our infrastructure, we could use the main fedora css => application chrome css and then any app-specific customizations could go in a stylesheet specific to that app. I'm writing the app chrome css such that it would be generic enough for that usage. It includes things like the tabs along the sides and the various widgets in the main content area.

Let me know what you think!

~m

[1] http://fedorapeople.org/~johnp/fedora_package_maint.pdf