Cheers,

Rodrigo Menezes

Paul W. Frields escreveu:
On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 18:49 -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
On 2008-07-17 11:59:49 PM, Rodrigo Menezes wrote:
We in Brazil are planning to create a local Planet Fedora, a page just in pt_BR. The original idea came because a lot of users doesn't read english and doesn't want to search something in portuguese in a blog with 95% written in english.

My question is, with application do you use in Planet Fedora? How can I create a server like the original only with our blogs? I know that the new version use Fedora Account System, so I'm interesting in all applications used in the old aggregator verion.
We're currently using Venus (http://www.intertwingly.net/code/venus/).
I'm not sure if it's in Fedora yet, although we should have a package
for it in the Infrastructure repo:
http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/el/5/SRPMS/venus-bzrrev86-1.el5.src.rpm

We can aggregate the pt_BR stuff on the official Planet Fedora as well.

I think this brings up the need for some sort of way that Planet readers
can select a feed based on one or more languages they prefer.

Let's all make sure that we are not producing separate "splinter"
communities, but instead, communities that are an important part of the
whole Fedora community, with their own special flavor!