Re: "Default" spin of Fedora

Kevin Kofler wrote:
* Live CDs cannot be used to upgrade existing Fedora installations (without reinstalling from scratch, which is often not possible without deleting user data), the installer DVD can. Attempts to upgrade from a live CD can even lead to data loss (if the user doesn't realize this fact), IIRC this has already happened at least once to someone on the mailing lists.

The answer there would be Preupgrade. I have already filed a RFE to hook this up with PackageKit.

* As the name says, Desktop Live is only targeted at the desktop, whereas the DVD also contains some server and development packages.

Considering that all indications are that majority of our users are desktop users, I believe that is the correct choice to promote.

Rahul