Re: Meeting reminder -- June 9 @ 22:00 UTC

Max Spevack wrote:
Hi all,

We had a good conversation last week, especially around the future of get-fedora and beginning to get an idea of how spins.fp.o will function, from both a front-end and a back-end point of view.

I think a lot of those conversations will continue at FUDCon, if not before.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Tasks

I'd like to try to use tomorrow's meeting to go over some of the other tasks, especially the ideas around a team working on common look and feel, and also on any infrastructure-related topics that the websites team needs to discuss.

Hitting both of these topics, there's a need for common look and feel for all of the TurboGears applications deployed in infrastructure. Bodhi, PackageDB, transifex, fas2, the new elections app, etc would be helped by this. Having a common CSS model (hopefully shared with the other websites) would be especially nice:

ie:

* header
  + banner
  + login
  + top navigation
* sidebar
  + navigation menu
  + locale changer

* content
  + title
  + "normal tables"
  + [...]

* login page

* footer
  + disclaimer
  + copyright
  + version

Filling in the content in a proper manner is probably the most important part and also the part that I'm least clear on :-/. If anyone has experience designing a conceptual CSS model for use across web sites/applications that would be extremely helpful.

-Toshio