Re: RHM widget on fedoraproject.org

Mike McGrath wrote:
I'm calling should vs could on this, we could do it but shouldn't.  It's a
slippery slope and one that I'm always worried about because our website
doesn't really have a vision, but lots of different visions.  Lots is
good, but it'll look bad quickly.

/me notes:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2038/2304064020_11310fdfe3_b.jpg

and

http://www.debian.com/

We have a banner system already, I say lets use it.

+1

If it's going to be that size, it should just go into banner rotation. Having two banners on the left side like that makes the left heavier than it was ever meant to be.

Like Mike said, I think there are a lot of different visions for the site. So here's mine. :) I had always intended for there to be a larger main banner area in the middle, for promotion of Fedora-only things (much like the gnome.org main banner.) We didn't actually use such a design yet because of bandwidth restrictions at release times but we now do have the bandwidth to do this so I'm hoping we'll have banners of a larger size to promote Fedora-related content there soon. (example, mockup: http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/mairinduffy/bigfedorabanner.png)

I think the smaller banner space that we currently use now would likely be more appropriate for the RHM banner.

¬m