Re: Omniture & Fedora

We discussed whether to track fedora.org with Omniture a couple of years ago and elected not to do so at the time. If there is interest in the Fedora website management community to explore the differences between tracking using a tool like awstats versus Omniture then I would suggest that we start up a thread on the topic. We can explain how our tracking system works and the reports that would be available to the community.

I would also be interested in a discussion on the topic of what it means to have "open services" versus "proprietary services" as it relates to "open source" versus "proprietary source". I see this as a challenge for us at Red Hat in the growing market of SOAS and hosted systems and for the open source community.

Jesse