Re: Google Webmaster tools

On Jul 8, 2007, at 6:35 PM, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
So, if there are no security issues, a new member of the team who would like to learn the ropes of our website management and get his hands dirty with something
that could prove useful could get this going. :)

We can start by creating a list on the wiki of the websites/domain we have and how/where they get deployed, which is something I believe we should have anyway.

Then someone with access to Fedora's google account (is there one?) should add the domains and give the list of the filenames that should be put in each domain
for verification.

If no one volunteers, I'll do it once I find some free time.

-d

I'm somewhat familiar with Google's webmaster tools, so I'd be willing to give this a go.

Step one is to create a wiki page to document this. Is there a particular place this page would fit (inside Websites or Infrastructure)? Otherwise, I'll take a look around and create a page somewhere in hopes that it can be easily moved if needed.

As of now, I see that the page needs to contain a list of websites/ domains managed by the Fedora project, along with information about them and the filenames of their corresponding google verification files. Since I certainly don't know about every site/domain Fedora has, I'll set up the structure of the page and send an email for people to fill in relevant info.

-epk

----
Eric Kerby
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EricKerby

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]