Re: Website update

Máirín Duffy wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Looks like you missed my previous reply to you which has several other things to consider.

No, I didn't miss it, I just focused in on some things (eg the problems with the black borders which should now look much better) and kinda forgot about others :)

I still still see large amount of black space in the left and in the bottom in the front page. The other two pages don't have black space in the bottom but only on the left.

Yes, there is black space on the bottom on the front page because of the shortness of the page content. IF you have a 1024x768 monitor, last I checked it wasn't there. I don't think it's a big deal and I refactored it so that the dropshadows along the right side aren't broken as they were before. This is the way it was designed to look. Is that ok?

It might be prudent to check how the pages look like in other browsers like IE, Opera and Konqueror. For IE this might be useful

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

Opera has a Linux version. Safari in Mac too if you want to be a bit more comprehensive.

How many people actually hit our pages with IE? My guess is less than 20% if even that.

It shouldn't look bad in IE except for the rounded corners but that's pretty minor.

Actually IE is 40%

http://fedoraproject.org/awstats/

   -Mike

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]