Re: Plone and static content

Thomas Chung wrote:
On 4/24/07, Thomas Chung <tchung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/24/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So Fedora is starting to mature a bit more in size and I wanted to get
> this ball rolling.
>
> Since fedora.redhat.com is now gone the wiki is our official content
> site. There's a couple problems with that, performance is an issue and > most content on the wiki is developer oriented. One thing we're working
> on right now for the F7 release is a simple plone instance for the
> fedoraproject.org landing page.  Note, the wiki isn't going away, but
> when users go to fedoraproject.org they'll see more end-user content.
>
> My question for you guys is, once FAS2 is done and we get into having
> more 'official content'.  What do you guys want to do with a plone
> site? The doc's guys will have their own site. Is anyone interested in > this project? The idea is that the 'official' fedora site will be very
> small.  Having only minimal information for end users and potential
> contributors.  It would then link to the larger sites like the wiki.
>
> Thoughts?
>
>     -Mike

Hi Mike,
Can we see the site in development yet?
I've been thinking we could use the plone site for
news/communication/marketing site for fedora end-users. Of course a
plenty of distribution/project information should be available which
lead to joining various Fedora Projects including developments and
testings.

BTW, I really like simply approach such as http://www.gnome.org/

Yeah, this will be extremely simple.  Karsten pointed out:

wget -qO- http://fedoraproject.org/ | grep href | wc -l

There's 61 links on the current main page?!?!!  holy moly :)

   -Mike

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]