Wiki Theme

Hey everybody,

I've been interested in playing around with moin for a good while and I finally got around to getting my own server up again so I had the space and ability to set up my own install to poke around in. So I came up with a Fedora theme for it (I started with cornicen from the moin ThemeMarket [1] as a base):

http://wiki.linuxgrrl.com/

The mockups I started out with and the theme files are here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/LookAndFeel/WikiNotes

Also note that a lot of mockups have been put together for the wiki over time; ideas from all of them are in what I came up with:

From Matt Munoz:
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiElements?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fpo-design-front.png

- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiElements?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fpo-design-interior.png

From Jeremy:
- https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2006-December/jpgpTWnCKjSjA.jpg

I really like the basic layout of Jeremy's mockup, and I think something like the large, dark center banner is something we could use on a non-wiki front page. It reminds me a lot of the www.gnome.org banner space, which has been helpful for advertising events and releases for GNOME.

Although I am not 100% happy with the look (needs more cowbell/bling!), I do think the theme addresses some of my long time usability nags with our current theme (the placement of the account preferences always bugged me, for example). I was also looking to come up with a style that would fit in nicely on another CMS, so maybe we could use the wiki for being a wiki and have a CMS that is managed more carefully for non-contributors looking to learn more about Fedora - see the navbar in the mocks? (not in the theme yet)

I figured I would send this out so more people knew about it (folks have been helping me out with it this weekend in #fedora-admin). If anybody has ideas on how to improve it (especially bling-wise :) ) let's discuss it!

~m

[1] http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/ThemeMarket#head-755c39b282cccb4c5bf9fad229c68825cc5ef3df

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]