Art Gallery and Plone Issues

Fedora Art team needs some kind of art gallery system like
http://art.gnome.org.

Existing popular solutions are PHP based and generally unacceptable for
security reasons.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2006-July/msg00025.html
Summary of current Plone situation.

From what I can gather, Plone is installed and running, but it is
currently not widely used by Fedora for several big reasons:

- It is questioned whether Plone is needed at all.
- It doesn't integrate with the Fedora Account system.  I would assert
that this would be a requirement for production plone deployment, because we shouldn't have yet another account database to maintain. The account system is centralized for a reason, and makes it easier to enforce CLA.

http://www.contentmanagementsoftware.info/zope/photo-gallery
It is unconfirmed whether the plone component described here will
actually do the job.  Has anyone tried it?

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]