Re: Impressions about Fedora Project Website

Pablo Barrera Franco [Shock! Fedora] wrote:

Hi all,
probably it's a marketing concern, but i think we must find the way to be more " intuitive" for newcoemers to the site. Even for Linuxers Wiki is a common thing, for other newcommers some times could be a little bit " complicated" drive a wiki. My proposal walks around to create a CMS for the frontend of the project, with faqs,five language options, direct links to docs, howtos, faqs,etc. Probably Joomla could be an interesting option for a "institutional frontend", the wiki can run behind it. If somebody doesnt know joomla take a look at www.joomla.org
or www.opensourcematters.org, for more information.

I can colaborate on the uploading and configuration for the CMS, if someone can help with templates and CSS we will find to be more nice for the outside.

Yes. The need for a CMS is well known. See http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2006-January/msg00091.html and http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/CMS. We have decided to try staging Zope+Plone. If you are interested in helping out in this effort, let us know. Thank you for your interest.

--
Rahul

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]