Re: Strange Error Message Issued Before Display of Themed Grub Menu

On 23/11/22 18:24, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 11/21/22 14:12, Stephen Morris wrote:
These issues seem to be tied to the fact that F37 is now booting with Grub and not with what F36 was booting with (possibly systemd?), and in

It has been grub for a very long time.
I know the boot menus have been grub for a long time, but when I was investigating the issue I've been having with the grub menus I found an article that was saying that a change in F37 was to boot with grub instead of, I thought it said, Systemd?

F37 the grub-gfxmode statement in /etc/default/grub that worked fine in F36 does not work in F37 even though the associated statements are added to grub.cfg, they seem to be being ignored (I'm thinking about raising another thread on this issue).

Now that I've tried looking it up, what is this "grub-gfxmode" statement that you're referring to?  It's not an actual grub command.
Sorry, I wrote if slightly wrong, it's GRUB_GFXMODE. It is a statement put in /etc/default/grub that specifies the display resolution to display the grub boot menus in. I have it set to 3840x2160 (for a 4K monitor), and when I run grub2-mkconfig to build the config file in /boot/grub2/grub.cfg, grub2-mkconfig inserts a statement to set that resolution into grub.cfg and also adds a statement in each of the kernel specification blocks to set gfxpayload to keep. Those statements were honoured in F36 and are being ignored since the upgrade to F37. Also I did comment out the GRUB_GFXMODE statement in /etc/default/grub, and rebuilt grub.cfg, but that has made no difference to the production of the sb.c message. If this message is because grub keys need to be added to the secure boot shim (as seems to be indicated from what I've seen on the net), do you know of any documentation that will tell me how to do that? I've got documentation that tells me how to do it for the akmod nvidia drivers but nothing else.

regards,
Steve