Warm boot after Windows 10 boot - I'm not getting a dhcpd address from router?

I've been doing testing on a setup for my G4L project to
get both legacy and UEFI booting working on a single
setup. Have that working just fine now with help from
this list. Been testing with my Dell 9020 machine that has
Windows 10 as the hard disks OS that it came with. My 5
other machines have Fedora 33. Everything works fine,
except. Sometimes I miss hitting the F12 key to select the
flash for UEFI or standard USB boot from flash. Thus the
machine boots to windows. Problem, if I do a restart after
the windows boots and go to the my projects linux, it
loads fine, but it will not get IP from dhcpd server of my
wifi router. Have to do a full power off on system. Then it
will boot ok. Found a web site that seemed to identify
problem as windows doing something to the nic on
shutdown that causes the issue. The sites solution was
the echo a 1 to the reset value for the PCI device for the
nic. Came up with a process that does that easy, but
doesn't seem to work. Might be after some time, the issue
resolves, but thought the reset would be a quick solution.
Shutting down the interface with ifconfig doesn't reset it
either? Wonder if there is a command line process that
someone knows of? I can manually set an ipaddress, and
that works fine, but you have to know the network range.
Don't have network manager in the build, so right now
solution is to do a poweroff, and then power back on.
Thanks. Got the UEFI booting just fine, and have regular
boot running with grub4dos just fine. Systems using same
exact kernel and ramdisk on the flash.

Thanks again. Have a great day.