Re: Firefox so bad on a remote with 'ssh -YC'

In general with remote apps, how slow they are depends on how "chatty"
they are.     The time to respond to those packets is based on the
ping time to the remote device and sometimes on the total upload
bandwidth on the remote end.

It would be nice if gnome were not "helpful" about telling me my app
is not responding all of the time.  It does get really annoying on
remote usage where bad response is going to be normal.

It is interesting that chrome works better,  I would have to be that
it chats less and/or does its display work completely differently.
Simple design differences in how the graphics are done will make big
differences in how any 2 apps like this work.    On the remotes that
are not good, using it via a VNC X session and the vncviewer will
probably be faster since VNC was intentionally designed to deal with
high latency and it will answer firefox's chats with the local server.

I will have to try that next time I need to use it remote.