Re: machine will not boot after moving root

if you are doing the grub-install/grub2-mkconfig from inside the
chroot then it should find the correct uuid (if it works like it
should).

any of the test commands for grub need to be in the chroot otherwise
they will think they are the livecd and not do the right thing or show
the right thing as they will attempt to setup/look at install for
current booted image.

Did you check to see if the uuid listed in /boot/grub2/grub.cfg root
uuids (sda3 that contains the /boot directory) matches what tune2fs -l
/dev/sda3 's uuid?

Since you are booting from a partition that uuid may also be on the
kernel boot line(s)  similar to root=<XXXX> and that will also need to
be sda3's uuid.

It may also be in grubenv rather than directly on the boot lines.

The biggest change you seem to have made is changing the
boot/rootfs'es uuid and grub seems to stick that in multiple places in
its config files and on the kernel boot lines (in addition to the the
fstab you knew about).   And it does not appear that grub expects the
uuid to ever change and so nothing outside of the grub2-mkconfig
command redoes that, it it still may not rewrite to root= line on the
kernelopts line.