Re: Networking issue in VMs

On 10/2/21 09:29, Adam Mercer wrote:
On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 4:38 AM Stephen Morris <samorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm using Fedora 33 in a Vmware Player VM, and I haven't had any issues
with networking failing. I have the Vmware network definition configured
as NAT to share the hosts IP address (my Host is Windows 10), do you
have you Vmware Workstation configured the same way? With this setup,
irrespective of whether my host is using wifi or ethernet Fedora thinks
it is using a wired connection. I'm also not migrating the network card
into the VM I'm leaving it attached to the host system.
Thanks, that's exactly the same setup I have, I've also started
noticing weird network behaviour outside of the VM and on other
systems on my network and I'm starting to suspect a router issue.
It could be an external network issue, router issues are not always easy to detect, if it is indeed a router issue and not a host network issue. I had an issue on Friday on my work laptop (I'm working from home and have been for nearly the last 12 months because of covid, and our work network is not up to scratch) and windows 10 on my work laptop was telling me I was connected to my router but I had no internet access, but while that was being reported I had no issues with zoom chat with remote colleagues working and I was receiving external emails. This was resolved by disconnecting from my home router and reconnecting. Just another thought on this, the issues may also be driver issues, I had an issue some time ago on my work laptop where I could access the internet without any issues even though my laptop was permanently saying my ethernet network connection had no internet access. That was eventually rectified by our support guys but I'm not sure how they fixed it, as patches can be pushed out and applied while we're not logged in, just sitting at the login prompt is enough.

regards,
Steve

Cheers

Adam