Re: Fedora Zoom? -

On 08/04/2020 01:02 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
Yes, you are correct and it is related to my low vision  problems. I can just respond no but she thought it might be something I could do they have a 'secure message' system that I use for most of my communication with them. I find that it works very well and does everything I need better then the telephone, fast response and if I forget a point I can ask  again later without waiting on the phone.

Just tell them you have vision problems and they'll do what they can to work around it. My hearing is shot (service connected) and they're very good at talking clearly, and not too fast.

And an appointment eats half a day with the long drive which I can no longer do myself. I have not tried it yet but I am assuming Zoom will work with a usb camera and microphone, both of which I have on hand. The remaining obstacle is devising a way to test this stuff. Fortunately none of this is urgent.

Been there, done that. If I need to go to the nearest medical center, it's about 250 miles each way, which means that I go down the day before, spend the night in a motel and come back the next day after I'm done. And, I've had to go down with a driver a few times because I wasn't going to be able to drive home the next day. The only good thing is that I get travel expenses that are about twice what I spend, and if you've got a Service Connected rating, you should too.