Re: Output text color (was dnf list color bad)

Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 7/2/20 5:05 PM, Todd Zullinger wrote:
>> Assuming I'm reading the request right, this part
>> specifically is about adjusting the coloring in the
>> terminal; making the commands which are input a different
>> color than the output.
>
> My understanding was that the problem is that they are now different which
> they weren't before.  So he wants to either make them the same again or find
> some way to adjust the output color.  I don't think your method will make
> any difference to the color that the output is right now.  It will only
> change the color of his typing which he's not concerned about.

Gotcha. It's definitely not a method for everyone and far
from the first thing I'd even want to use for this case.
But you can change the output color too (subject to
applications changing it themselves, of course).

_If_ I was doing it here, I'd set the terminal text color to
what I wanted for the output and then adjust the
prompt/input color via PS1.  The opposite can be done too,
with a slightly different tput command for the trap.  But
that's an even less appealing way to go about fixing what
seems to be a bug or misconfiguration somewhere.

It's unclear to me whether it's all command output or only
some which differs from what's set as the terminal
foreground color.  If _all_ command output is using a color
other than what is set as the terminal default, that seems
like something which could be caused by having some color
escape codes in the prompt, perhaps unintentionally?

Alternatively, I could be way off and this is something
specific to the Mate Terminal. :)

Maybe a link to an image would help illustrate the problem
better?  Bonus points if the terminal color settings dialog
can be included in the image.

Apologies if this was all covered in the previous thread.  I
haven't kept up with list mail the past few months.

--
Todd