Re: Audacity: "Error opening recording device"

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 20:03:11 +0300
Matti Pulkkinen <mkjpul@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry, but I'm a little confused now. I'm not sure what component
> exactly I'm supposed to file the bug against. Do I file it against
> Gnome Software specifically, or against something else? Is there a
> way to file a bug specifically against a flatpak?

Yeah, it's part of the new Fedora.  :-)  There used to be just one
source for specific software, so when a bug was filed, that was it.
Now, not so much.  I have never dealt with a problem with a flatpak, so
I'm not sure how to do that.  But, regardless of where the software
comes from, it is Gnome that is providing it, so they are the contact
in Fedora that is responsible for its quality.  Filing a bug against
the Fedora rpm of audacity is filing it with the maintainer of the rpm
package in Fedora.  But that isn't where your audacity came from, so I
think you should file it with Gnome Software so they become aware of
this issue with audacity, but also in general for other software they
provide; who is responsible for the quality of that software?

> One other question: Gnome Software says the Audacity package I
> installed was a flatpak, but when I go to registry.fedoraproject.org
> where this flatpak is supposedly coming from, I see that Audacity is
> supposed to be pulled down with either podman or docker. What's going
> on here?

I can't help you with this, as I probably have less understanding than
you do.  But, since Gnome is responsible, they *should* be able to
answer your question.