Re: Slow....And STILL Slow!?....

if you are using firefox I have noticed recently (maybe last 2 months)
 it has started using excessive memory.  And it seems to get quite
large and start paging.

Mine is doing it on some websites in no more than a few days, it is
getting annoying.  I have seen a single firefox process >10G, and on
that machine it was paging so I killed it.

 ps aux | sort -k  6n

6th column is actual memory usage (this number will not show swap
usage for a process).  The 5th column is virt and it is rather
unreliable and I ignore it.