Re: Please recommend a super fast video editing software for Fedora 31 Linux

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 13:59:23 +0800
Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <teo.en.ming.smartphone@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> What I mean is combining multiple smaller 4K video clips into a
> bigger, single 4K video and at the same time, allowing me to add
> layers of watermarks into the 4K video.

Disclaimer:  haven't done this, not an expert

If you are concatenating several segments of 4k video, that should be
fast because there is no encoding or decoding.  It would be best to do
this as a separate step, creating the final concatenated video as an output.
untested ffmpeg command to concatenate all the files

ffmpeg -i [list of input files] -codec copy [concatenated output file]

yields a single file of a name you choose containing all the input files
in the order you list them

Adding the watermark is the piece that takes so long, because the
video has to be decoded, every frame filtered to add the watermark, and
re-encoded before writing to the output.
untested ffmpeg command to watermark the video, single line

ffmpeg -i [concatenated output file] -i [watermark overlay image]
filter_complex 'overlay' [watermarked output file name]

You should make the watermark file the same pixel dimensions as
the frames of the video you want to overlay to prevent image distortion.

see man ffmpeg for more explanation

> I am using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15.0 for Windows 10. I think it
> is aware of the 6 cores of my Intel Core i7-5820K processor. But I am
> not sure whether it could benefit from 16 cores or 18 cores.

The documentation should tell you that, or you can look up their site
faq online to see, or ask their help support online.  I am not familiar
with that software, so I don't know.