Re: Does cups-pdf have its own mailing list?

Tim:
>> I'm wondering if you're missing a step.  In most authoring software,
>> you have to set the page format to landscape or portrait.  This
>> isn't a printer setting, it's data about the actual document.

Todd Chester:
> In Approach, when you set up your report, you choose a "paper" size.
> Approach gets it from the default print driver for the page.  You
> can set it to whatever the printer supports.
>
> Cups-PDF is not the default printer, so when you print to it, you
> have to set the page up again.  "Supposedly" when you save
> the Approach file, it saves the new settings, but this is
> the exception.  It saves everything else.

Generally speaking, portrait or landscape printing isn't a printer
setting (unless you have a huge printer that you can stack the paper in
sideways), so I'm not too surprised that you have to keep setting it
(whether something is portrait or landscape is dependent on the data,
not the printer).  Printing settings for landscape are a rotation
override.

I haven't touched Lotus since Win98 went out of fashion, so I can't
recall what menu options you have (nor find any on-line examples).  But
have you gone through the menus and looked for a portrait/landscape
page setting that is *not* part of the printing dialogue?

By way of an example that I can look at (and show you), if you have
LibreOffice installed, as well:  Open a calc spreadsheet (even an empty
blank one - just type some random characters in a few cells to be able
to see a print preview, or a test print on paper), open the Format
menu, pick Page.  This sets the structure of the spreadsheet.