Samba support fails in F27

Everyone:

After several days of fruitless effort I have to bring this to the community. Since I upgraded to F27, I have never been able to sustain any viable network connection to other computers on my network that run Windows 10. Which means if I ever have to transfer files between or among them, I have to use USB flash drives or even USB-connectable moveable HDD's.

Now I suppose I could buy a spare Western Digital Passport for this application. But I would like to know what I'm missing.

For the record:

The computer I'm typing this on, that runs F27, presently has a wireless connection to the network. I hope, within the next two months, to move to an environment where I can connect this computer to the network using a MoCA adapter, a switch in the room, and a coaxial connector in the wall to connect this computer, a printer, and maybe a laptop if I bring it into the same room. That never used to make any difference, but yes, I'm going to try to "remedy" that "fault" (if anyone here chooses to find fault with using a wireless connection).

The Samba workgroup is named Home. That's case-sensitive.

I have User authentication on the Samba server.

I created Samba user accounts for every Fedora user account on this machine--all three of them.

With F26, I could always look up Home under Samba Shares and find it. But now--nothing. And even specifying Home gets a not-found-here kind of message.

The Services application shows that both smb and nmb are running.

So what's wrong, where might the fault lie, and how do I correct it?

Temlakos