Re: Go language SOLVED

On Sat, 2016-11-19 at 09:09 -0800, Howard Howell wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-11-18 at 19:14 -0700, jd1008 wrote:

> > > That added some stuff, but the standard library still doesn't
> > > appear to
> > > be installed.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Les H
> >
> > What is the name of the standard library?
>
> 	I looked at the golang.org website, and it doesn't give a name
> for it.  To continue with the debug, I downloaded the package from
> golang.org, and installed it in a local directory and then set the
> path
> variables to it.  Now I am only getting one error message about not
> having the code.google.com packages.  I cannot find those anywhere.
>
> 	Based on the fact that I do now have the standard library in
> the golang.org version, it appears that the packager for fedora may
> not
> have included the standard library in the build by mistake.
>
> 	I have googled code.google.com, looked at the google website
> and google code website, and cannot find that package path and
> associated packages anywhere.  Nor does it appear on the golang.org
> website.  Nor does any historical website seem to even mention it.
>
> 	The go package I am attempting to work on is called SLAM,
> Simultaneous Location and Mapping for robotics application.  It takes
> basically point cloud type information and creates a map.  In the
> version I am working on, the point cloud comes from a LIDAR, and the
> SLAM robot package captures that data and creates a 2D map from it.
>
> 	Then entire package is several tens of megabytes, but appears
> to be all there, except for these generic libraries that should be in
> the GOROOT path.
>
> 	It appears that the gentleman and team who wrote the original
> code have moved on to other projects, and attempts by the other party
> involved with the current effort to contact them have not been
> successful.  I haven't attempted that because these libraries are not
> something they developed, but appear to be google libraries, and
> generic libraries of the go language.
>
> 	I have looked at the go forum but found no help there on this
> issue.  This started out as a "I'll take a look for you" and has
> turned
> into a quest!
>
> 	So the current issue is where can I find the code.google.com go
> packages?  Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Les H
The code I have been working with was created by a university group.
It appears that they got the requisite library from Google before their
 recent changes.  The person I am working with found a reference to the
library and both of us retrieved it from the new location.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support.

Regards,
Les H