Re: Go language

On Fri, 2016-11-18 at 19:14 -0700, jd1008 wrote:

> On 11/18/2016 05:37 PM, Howard Howell wrote:

> > > Try "dnf install libgo-devel":
> > >
> > > Name        : libgo-devel
> > > Arch        : x86_64
> > > Epoch       : 0
> > > Version     : 6.2.1
> > > Release     : 2.fc24
> > > Size        : 496 k
> > > Repo        : updates
> > > Summary     : Go development libraries
> > > URL         : http://gcc.gnu.org
> > > License     : GPLv3+ and GPLv3+ with exceptions and GPLv2+ with
> > > exceptions and
> > >              : LGPLv2+ and BSD
> > > Description : This package includes libraries and support files
> > > for
> > > 	    : compiling Go programs.

> > > ----
> > > ---
> > > - Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, AllDigital    ricks@alldigital.
> > > com
> > > -
> > > - AIM/Skype: therps2        ICQ: 226437340           Yahoo:
> > > origrps2
> > > -
> > > -
> > > -
> > > -     Have you noticed that "human readable" configuration
> > > file      -
> > > -          directives are beginning to resemble COBOL
> > > code?          -
> > > ----
> > > ---
> > That added some stuff, but the standard library still doesn't
> > appear to
> > be installed.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Les H
> What is the name of the standard library?

	I looked at the golang.org website, and it doesn't give a name
for it.  To continue with the debug, I downloaded the package from
golang.org, and installed it in a local directory and then set the path
variables to it.  Now I am only getting one error message about not
having the code.google.com packages.  I cannot find those anywhere.

	Based on the fact that I do now have the standard library in
the golang.org version, it appears that the packager for fedora may not
have included the standard library in the build by mistake.

	I have googled code.google.com, looked at the google website
and google code website, and cannot find that package path and
associated packages anywhere.  Nor does it appear on the golang.org
website.  Nor does any historical website seem to even mention it.

	The go package I am attempting to work on is called SLAM,
Simultaneous Location and Mapping for robotics application.  It takes
basically point cloud type information and creates a map.  In the
version I am working on, the point cloud comes from a LIDAR, and the
SLAM robot package captures that data and creates a 2D map from it.

	Then entire package is several tens of megabytes, but appears
to be all there, except for these generic libraries that should be in
the GOROOT path.

	It appears that the gentleman and team who wrote the original
code have moved on to other projects, and attempts by the other party
involved with the current effort to contact them have not been
successful.  I haven't attempted that because these libraries are not
something they developed, but appear to be google libraries, and
generic libraries of the go language.

	I have looked at the go forum but found no help there on this
issue.  This started out as a "I'll take a look for you" and has turned
into a quest!

	So the current issue is where can I find the code.google.com go
packages?  Any idea?

Thanks,
Les H