Re: recover username for fedora maillists

On 09/02/2016 02:04 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 15:05:01 +0300
> Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi! I am trying to recover my password for fedora mail lists as i am
>> trying to join also devel.. but it is requested an user name which i
>> don't remember at all and there is no username recover page ...
>>
>> What is the procedure for these situations?
>
> Unlike mailman 2, mailman 3 (which we now use for all Fedora lists),
> has no local accounts or passwords. You instead manage your lists by
> logging in using some existing account and then attaching whatever
> email addresses you use to that account.
>
> Currently, you can login via persona (which will work with any email
> address), yahoo, or fedora account system login.
>
> Very soon a change is going out that drops persona (because mozilla is
> no longer going to support/run it) and adds a bunch of other sites like
> github, twitter, gitlab, google, facebook, stackexchange and others.
> You can of course still use your fedora account system login.
>
> So, what you should do is go to:
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/
>
> and click on 'login' in the top right.
>
> Choose a login method. If you don't have a yahoo or fedora account (and
> don't want one), probibly best to choose persona for now. Enter your
> email address and follow the directions.
>
> Once you are logged in, go to 'my settings' and 'profile' and add email
> address. You will get a email with a confirm link in it, once you click
> on that that email will be attached to your account and you can
> subscribe/change prefs for it as much as you like.

They really should drop Yahoo as well. I'm going to drop (well, do
absolutely nothing with) my yahoo account since those yahoos (pun
intended) decided to lobotomize their protocol so libpurple and such
won't work with it any longer. You have to use THEIR client (which
isn't available for Linux--only phones) or the web. Sheesh!