Re: How to add a network adaptor?

Hi David,

It seems (from the output of lspci -v you posted in this thread) that
the driver needed is
e1000e, because you have:
Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel modules: e1000e

And typically, when a driver is loaded, you get, as part of "lspci -v" output:
Kernel driver in use:  e1000e

Now, you find out whether this driver is loaded by running:

lsmod | grep e1000e

and if it will return empty, then you should load, *as root*, the driver, thus:

modprobe e1000e

and then check whether the output of
ifconfig -a
shows the  driver.

(and also whether lspci -v shows  now: "Kernel driver in use: e100e")

Now, this driver should have been loaded automatically in boot time, in the
PCI probe process; not sure why it did not happens. But
let's see if what I suggest works, and if it does I can suggest a
solution to ensure
the driver will be loaded in the boot phase.

Regards,
Rami Rosen
http://ramirose.wix.com/ramirosen