Re: Balsa -

On 05/27/16 20:56, Ed Greshko wrote:

There is one thing you may want to consider to make your life and the life of those trying
to help a bit easier.

As a "Wildblue" customer are you allowed more than one email account with your
subscription?  If the answer is "yes" you may want to think about creating a "test"
account for someone, say Samuel if he is willing, to use and see if they can get it
working.  It may be much faster that way.

Just a thought.
+

That sounds like a good idea until I consider making a "test" account, Sunday after spending a lot of time trying to fix some email user accounts via my ISP's menu system which in theory allows me to set my passwords and account names but in practice does not work for me, I got tech support to make the changes and they had to call for help, another party fixed those addresses and things worked again. Until I booted Monday morning and found that I was locked out of my email account, so after thrashing around again I was back on the phone at four in the morning, got someone who remembered me and was aware of my problem and he fixed things again.

Since I last wrote about my struggles with Balsa I subscribed to Fastmail and their email system works reliably, I chose IMAP since that is what the other users on my system need for access as they move around during the day.

Balsa works with the Fastmail account to connect and receive mail without any problem. However Balsa has one major problem for me, I can barely read the gray text on the off-white background. I will never understand why page designers do that? I have not been able to find how to force it to give me white text on black which I really need.

So I will continue to use Thunderbird as long as it has a presentation I can read and can work around any improvements they make that I don't want. As I said I have Balsa installed and it does work ...

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD