Re: Claws mail -

On 04/29/16 16:21, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> On 04/29/16 12:43, Rick Stevens wrote:
>>
>> You do know you can resize the various
>> Thunderbird panes by putting the
>> cursor over the dividing lines,
>> waiting for it to turn into the double
>> arrow cursor, holding the left mouse
>> button down and dragging the lines
>> whichever way you want. It's sticky,
>> meaning the next time you open
>> Thunderbird it'll appear in the same
>> way you buggered it the last time.
>> I've used it extensively.
> .
>
> Yes I do that routinely but that can't
> be done on that center panel that takes
> up about 11 lines between the usual list
> at the top and the message text pane.
> When I open your message with a double
> click the top pane closes but the 11
> line space just moves up adding four or
> five more lines of space to the message
> text panel.

===>

not quite true.

what you want is configurable. i do not recall if it is a standard
thunderbird setting or if it is via add-on. will need some time to
find info on it.

i do not read messages in center panel, i use separate window. in
both, i have 4 lines in header area. with separate window also showing
'Menu bar' and 'Mail toolbar'. both of those bars can be remove using
'View > Toolbars' from 'Menu' bar. if you remove 'Menu bar', it is
brought back with <alt+m>.

back to setting 'white on black'.

you never replied back about those settings because you where in hospital
because you got in way of your horse. be glad it was not a horned bull. 8=)

you did mention something about changing window borders. such can also be
done via about:config | userChrome.css | userContent.css.

to get you familiar with near all the ways of configurations, i included
some links to guide you thru changes. which i imagine you have yet to read.

here are some more links to help you with all the customizing you are
wanting to do.

=+=+=
listing of customizations:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Visual_customizations_%28Thunderbird%29

names for viewing panes with examples of layouts:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Window_layout_-_Thunderbird

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Pane_and_menu_fonts

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Pane_background_colors

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_Tips_:_Change_Background_Color

http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserContent.css

http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.8.0/source/mail/themes/qute/mail/folderPane.css
=+=+=

these are all from my bookmarks and are what i have gone thru over the
years of using thunderbird. some i recall, some i do not.

also, what "i do not", is know just what all you want to do and what you
will accept for 'close' or 'almost'.

so you can get 'spot on' or 'will have to accept', *you need* to go thru
links and decide for yourself what you want.

another thing you can do to get thunderbird changed to your liking is to
use "skin" to change window frame and content. there are skins that will
change both frame and text, including a light/white on dark/black. do know
that some skins will disable some changes already made. only way to know
is for *you* to try.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.