Re: Patching qemu from fedora-virt-preview repo?

This package does not seem to exist.

Weird, dnf is the one that gave me this package number

I thought you said that the patches were developed by Fedora devs.
Aren't they then included in the Fedora packages?  I ask because it is
common for the Fedora kernel to have patches included that have not
gone upstream yet.  In some cases, they will never go upstream.  I am
assuming that would be the case here as well.

There are not fedora devs, there are redhat devs working on qemu.
Those patches will definitly go upstream but when? That is a good question.

What I know is what I wrote in the paragraph above.  It's speculation.
And it might not even be called a master package.  It's a package that
installs other packages, but isn't installed itself.  A meta package.

It doesn't sound like qemu is one of those.  What happens if you try to
install the qemu package from virt-preview?  You can always say no at
the prompt.

 No package available.
You want something really weird ?
If i don't use the package name and just type dnf install qemu i can install this specific package coming from this specific repo.

You can do a
dnf remove libvirt-client
to see the dependencies for libvirt.  Here, there are none.

It would be really hard to get your system to an unusable state by
touching only libvirt and qemu packages.  You can always just put it
back the way it was, because the system will still be functioning.

Well, installing qemu actually install a lot more dependencies and upgrade those already there.
Problem will be to get the source now as it seems yumdownloader --source qemu failed to get source for 2.5.0-8
Is it possible to decompile the package somehow?