Re: Lan connection problem -

On 2/10/2016 12:35 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
Note: This morning's tests are using the original Linksys E3000 router and Tomato 1.28 which was in use when the problem first appeared. Just thought I needed to go back and reassure myself that the replacement Buffalo/OpenWRT router wasn't introducing new problems.

I was under the impression that your router was the Fedora 23 box - now this is making a little more sense. I notice you're using custom firmware on those devices and it makes me wonder whether they might play a role in some way.

The next thing I would try would be to wire the Fedora system and one of your other devices to the router and see if a router reboot affects the connectivity between the system and the device. This procedure simplifies the problem set by removing the wireless piece of the puzzle. If rebooting the router affects connectivity between the two wired devices, then you might have a problem with the router's switch. To confirm this you can substitute a simple switch for the router, connect both the system and the device to it, check connectivity, reboot the switch and check connectivity again - rebooting the switch should have no effect and the systems should be able to interact with each other consistently.

If rebooting the router doesn't affect the connectivity of the wired system and another wired device, then the problem might be with the router's wireless capability and possibly with how the system and other devices interact with it.

Tom