Re: Lan connection problem -

On 02/10/16 09:44, Tom Rivers wrote:
On 2/9/2016 6:01 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
Now to add to the confusion I just tried an F23 portable that doesn't get updated as often and it connects to the camera 192.168.1.52 that this box10 can't as shown above. I will try booting another computer to Fedora 22 and see if it still works as before ... I suspect that perhaps something may have changed in network manager?

If I understand what you're saying, the following conditions are true:

- router reboot makes router unable to connect to other devices on the LAN that connect to it via wireless - reboot of devices restores connectivity to router
- devices have static IP addresses on LAN
.
The first three items are true.
- when devices are unable to communicate with router they can communicate with other devices on the network
.
I do not think the last statement is true but the cameras and the printer do not normally communicate between themselves, I guess "I dunno?"

A sticking point for me, assuming I am not missing something, is that other devices can communicate with each other over the wireless link provided by the router but the router can't see any of them. That is really strange. I would recommend restarting the firewall service but the fact rebooting a device makes things work again seems to indicate the firewall isn't the problem.

The fact rebooting a device, an external entity, causes the router to be able to communicate with it again might indicate that reconnecting to the wireless access point is what kicks things back into gear. I know that a reboot will do this by default (grasping at straws here), but have you tried disabling/enabling the wireless service on the router after it has fully rebooted to see if that has any effect? Maybe the run level it is being started at has something to do with the problem. Also, it might be interesting to execute "arp -a" on the router both before and after it reboots to see what results you get.

.

[root@Box10 bobg]# arp -a 192.168.1.1
RT-C0C1C04C27FE (192.168.1.1) at c0:c1:c0:4c:27:fe [ether] on enp1s0

Reboot router:
[root@Box10 bobg]# arp -a 192.168.1.1
RT-C0C1C04C27FE (192.168.1.1) at c0:c1:c0:4c:27:fe [ether] on enp1s0

Note: This morning's tests are using the original Linksys E3000 router and Tomato 1.28 which was in use when the problem first appeared. Just thought I needed to go back and reassure myself that the replacement Buffalo/OpenWRT router wasn't introducing new problems.

The more I look into this the more puzzled I become, presently the router is connected to my portable which I just booted as a trial, and an Apple Watch, but it wont connect to my Brother Printer. That will require a wired connection to investigate. It also does not connect to the remote "IP" cameras until I "re-cycle" the ac power, I just did that on the nearest one and it came up, but not the printer.

I may have to live with what I have until F-24 comes along.

Thanks for considering this,

Bob

Tom

--