Re: Bluetooth woes (again)

On 29 October 2015 at 04:09, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Allegedly, on or about 26 October 2015, Patrick O'Callaghan sent:
    > The headphones don't even have a physical port.

    I hate that kind of thing.  Headphones are just such a basic technology,
    but to encumber that with networking protocols, and require batteries...

The headphones are for listening to my phone when I'm out for a walk.
That's the only reason I got them. They were really cheap on Amazon and
I'm very happy with them (rechargeable battery lasts about 10 hours). I
only mentioned them as an example of another BT device that does work
with the dongle in question.

    I had a wireless keyboard for a while, but it annoyed me for similar
    reasons.  Always having to replace or recharge batteries, they never
    though of making it dual corded/wireless, so you could recharge it, used
    it plugged in, and unplug it for those times that you wanted to take the
    keyboard further away.  And you were forever having re-pair the
    keyboard, mouse and/or receiver...

I guess I've been lucky with the kb/mouse combo. It was never given me
any problems of that sort, though I don't really like the layout and it
doesn't have backlit keys (which of course would eat battery power). As
it is, I've had it over a year in daily use and IIRC have not had to
change the battery yet.

I've been using my Logitech kb/mouse combo for, hmmm, three years. I've
had to replace the batteries on them innumerable times (2xAA for the
kb, 2xAA for the mouse) but they get used heavily 12 hours a day.

Other than a new desk with enough metal in it to cause issues with the
signal at one time (fixed by relocating the dongle which is attached
via a USB cable), they've worked very well.

This is not an endorsement, just an observation. :-)