Re: sticky keys

On 03/31/2015 05:26 AM, Tim wrote:
On Mon, 2015-03-30 at 23:58 -0600, Stuart McGraw wrote:
None of the options in the accessibility applet are enabled
(I'm pretty sure, having worked around the problem of dialogs
not showing checkmarks).

Is it an install with more than one desktop installed?  Perhaps there is
more than one assistive technologies systems involved.

I've been similarly caught, with older releases, and the pop-up that
asks me about using assistive thingummies popped up *under* the current
windows, and with no indication in the windows list that another window
had been added to the desktop.  I only found it by accident, some time
after the first incident.  Then, it was an awkward window shuffle to get
to it.  I couldn't type until its question was answered.

That doesn't sound quite like what I am seeing.  For me it seems
the sticky keys or slow keys mode is being activated without needing
any response from me, simply by my clicking the shift key quickly
or holding it down too long.  This happens despite my having disable
all the assistive option in the settings Accessibility applet.

I did log into the Gnome desktop but I couldn't find anything at
all in there dealing with accessibility options (tho to be honest,
I can't stand using Gnome for very long so maybe I didn't look
hard enough.)

Right now it seems to be turned off (doesn't matter what I do with
the shift key, no sticky or slow keys get activated) and I have no
idea how or when it gets reenabled.  I glad you mentioned the
possibility of another window though -- I will check for it the
next time I have the problem.