Re: Raid 1 and Anaconda -

On 12/10/14 21:05, Chris Murphy wrote:

    I set the disks up with fdisk but have not created any files on
    the assumption that the installer should do that, perhaps I am wrong?

Nope, either the installer creates the partitions+mdadm metadata (i.e. creates the raid set), or it will use an existing already created one. It won't just use already made partitions, it has no information on how to assemble them without mdadm metadata already in place. So if you didn't use mdadm -C to create each raid set you wanted, you can omit option B above.

--
Chris Murphy

Knowing that I was able to create the Raid 1 structure with an ext4 file system.

Unfortunately Fedora 21 Server install would not go beyond the screen requiring selection of US English. At that point it gave an error message, gray text on an off white background which I can not read. I'm sure those install screens look pretty to the people producing them but you only need them once and move on, why not make them legible? I ran it twice and got the same result, no surprise I guess?

I had an SL-7 Live disk handy, tried that and everything worked, if nothing else my skill level with the installer is improving. It looks like I will have to do it over since it has put everything into one 30G / partition. I naively expected to be able to follow the scheme I had provided via fdisk but will fix that next try.

That's not much to go on but any suggestions as to how to get F21 server to run?

I appreciate your patience and help,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD