Re: Secure Transactions

Thanks for responding jd1008 and Joe,

Jd1008 as you point out add-ons are unknowns.  I find unknowns kinda scary when it comes to security.  I really do try to do things to limit the sites I actually go to and very much stay away from e-mail use in the transaction process if at all possible.

In terms of tracking use, well I think it may be a good thing for the bank to find the cookie they placed on my machine as a way to know that it is me.  At least it is a bit more convenient.  And little chance of it being stolen since the flash drive stays in the pouch most of the time.  As well I am assuming that they are using several things from me as they look at me to see that it is me (which browser, which OS, from which IP, from what location,  using which processor of what ID...).

In this case I am trying to make an environment exclusive to specific transactions.  And if a new transaction must be done with it - well then I use the Clonezilla image to restore it to a previous time and do a right now update and be happy I guess.

The most suspicious things that ever happened while doing transactions may have been related to re-direction.  Specifically my "sign on picture and text" came up wrong from time to time.  My usual response was to close the browser and re-boot and see if I could find a more secure connection.  But in thinking about it now I think I would have liked to have an "internet traffic record" of what was going on on the network during the event.  Any ideas on good software and ways to do that?  Would some kind of Snort environment be good to have running at the time?  Now that I think about it I would really love to have some kind of window into what is going on on the network.  That would be great!!!