Re: Thunderbird--find messages

On 05/17/2014 01:19 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 05/17/14 12:52, Doug wrote:
I get a large number of messages every day, in addition to those I filter out and don't see.  Unfortunately, some of these
messages seem to come in out of time sync, for one reason or another.  I don't send everything on the incoming list to
trash as soon as I read it. Some of the letters I keep for later reference. Some are tagged, some not.
The resulting message list may have two or three, or tonight, 20, unread messages mixed in with the read and temporarily
saved messages, so that the Inbox reads "Inbox (20)" even tho you are at the bottom of the list. Now you have to go and find
these 20 emails, which are scattered among perhaps 100 or more messages in the list which have been read already.
It would be nice if there were a button somewhere that would go to the highlighted messages, one at a time, starting at the
top and working its way down, until they have all been opened and/or deleted.
So, you have an inbox with a large number of messages.  Scattered throughout the inbox are unread messages and you want to know how to easily access them.  Yes?  If I've defined the question correctly....

If you have the "Menu Bar" enabled (Clicking on the T-Bird emblem is similar)  you will notice you can click on "Go--->Next--->Unread Message"  or "Go--->Previous---Unread Message" to get to where you want.  You can also use the shortcut keys "N" and "P" instead.

Also, on the "Mail Toolbar" there is a "View" drop down menu which allows you to display messages based on various criteria.  One choice is "Unread".  You can even make custom views.

FWIW, you may have to left click at the top of T-Bird to get a menu to select the "Menu" and "Mail" tool bars to be visible,

Thank you, Ed. I've only been using T-Bird for about 15 years, and I never knew about that! Solves the problem perfectly!
--doug